Actuarial Innovation Committee
Welcome to the Actuarial Innovation Committee of the ASHK. The Committee is newly formed in 2019 with the following objectives and deliverables:
- To promote and facilitate exchanges of view, opinions, research and practice among ASHK members on actuarial innovation and technology developments that are relevant to the members.
- To collaborate, on behalf of ASHK, with relevant regulatory, industry, and technology companies on innovation matters relevant to the members.
- To demonstrate the actuarial profession to play major role in supporting innovation and technology developments in Actuarial profession.
- To promote practical applications and practices in Actuarial profession through research and study.
- To provide recommendations to Council on the development and maintenance of actuarial guidelines in response to latest innovative development that affects the profession.
- To monitor innovative practice and development that are relevant to members' professional practice and advise Council as needed.
- To organise actuarial innovation conference at appropriate time.
- To conduct meetings with the IIA, HKFI and relevant technology companies to maintain a healthy dialogue reflecting ASHK's views on innovation matters related to the Actuarial profession and convey the latest development to the ASHK Council for discussion.
- To review existing actuarial guidelines and make recommendations to Council.
Actuarial Innovation Webinar Series
We were glad to have over 70 members join us in our first ever webinar hosted by the Actuarial Innovation Committee on 24 April. The session ended with a Q&A where the participants had a chance to clarify any queries they had. A total of 5 actuarial innovation webinars are being held during Q2 and Q3 in 2020.