The ASHK may update or amend the Policy at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice. Any variations or amendments shall take effect upon posting of the updated version on the ASHK website.
Privacy and Data Protection
The ASHK is committed to fully complying with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the Ordinance)in collecting, maintaining and using personal data of current, past and prospective members as well as other interested persons (collectively the Data Subject). In particular, the ASHK observes the following principles:
- Collection of personal data shall be for purposes relating to the business of ASHK and related services as stated below;
- All practical steps will be taken to ensure that personal data are accurate and will not be kept longer than necessary or will be destroyed in accordance with the internal policy;
- Personal data will not be used for any purposes other than the data that were to be used at the time of collection or purposes directly related thereto;
- Personal data will be protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing or erasure; and
- Data subject have the right of access to and for correction or erasure of their personal data held by the ASHK.
Type of Personal Data Collected
The ASHK collects the following (without limitation) types of personal information from data subject in various ways (e.g. when submitting membership applications, registering for the ASHK's activities and during the course of using the ASHK website):
- Title, name, date of birth, age, identity document number (HKID/Passport number), nationality, gender, email and postal addresses and home and work telephone numbers;
- Employment details;
- Membership number;
- Examination status;
- Education and professional qualifications;
- Login ID and password;
- Preference in terms of receipt of ASHK communications, types of personal data to be displayed in membership directory and willingness to serve on ASHK Committee(s)/Taskforce(s); and
- Information relating to use of the ASHK's membership services and activities.
The provision of personal data is voluntary, however, any failure to supply all information requested by the ASHK may result in our being unable to process requests fully or at all.
Use of Personal Data
The ASHK from time to time collects personal data from data subject for administration and management purposes, including but not limited to:
- Membership admission and registration maintenance;
- Examination and accreditation of qualifications;
- Enforcement of members' compliance with the Articles of Association and By-Laws (e.g. Continuing Professional Development) as well as any other Rules and Regulations of the ASHK for the time being in force and related matters;
- Nomination for appointments in ASHK's Council/Committees/Taskforces;
- Compilation of membership directory and statistics;
- General mailing and communication activities;
- Research and development;
- Promotion of the profession and the ASHK;
- Promotion and provision of membership services and activities; and
- Handling of enquiries, feedback, complaints or disciplinary action.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data held by the ASHK will be kept confidential but ASHK may provide such information to:
- Any authorised agents, advisors, auditors, contractors or service providers who provides product, service or advice to us or our members in connection with our operation;
- Government bodies and other regulators as requiredby law including, without limitation, the Ordinance, a court order or a request of law enforcement agency or regulatory authorities; or
- Any person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any of full member associations of the International Actuarial Association (IAA) including the IAA relating to data subject's memberships. This includes but is not limited to the provision of information on or relating to any investigation, finding, decision and determination undertaken or issued in relation to data subject's conduct, for the purpose of possible consideration under disciplinary scheme.
When personal data is provided to third parties, personal data will only be transferred to such third parties that respect privacy and are under a duty of confidentiality to us and/or who have undertaken to keep such information confidential. While the ASHK endeavours to deal only with responsible third parties, we assume no responsibility for the privacy protection provided by such third parties.
If transfer of personal data outside Hong Kong is needed in order to carry out the above purposes or directly related purposes, for which personal data were collected, the transfer will be performed in a manner in full compliance with the requirements under the Ordinance.
Accuracy of Personal Data
The ASHK has systems and procedures in place to maintain personal data at a reasonable level of accuracy, completeness and relevancy for the purpose for which personal data is used. However, the ASHK relies on data subject to inform us of all relevant information and any errors, omissions or changes in such information. Data subject may amend personal data as stated in the "Access and Correction of Personal Data" below.
Retention of Personal Data
Personal data collected by the ASHK will be retained only for such period as may be necessary for the carrying out of the above purposes or as otherwise specified at the time of collection.
Security of Personal Data
Personal data collected through the ASHK website is stored and maintained in secure and controlled systems that are not accessible by the public.
In addition, ASHK takes appropriate physical, electronic and/or management measures to protect personal data against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, modification, erasure or other use.
The ASHK will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
The ASHK may use personal data including name, email address and correspondence address to inform data subject of the ASHK's membership services and activities (e.g. actuarial job advertisements, newsletters, conference/evening talk/luncheon organised or supported by the ASHK or other organisations).
ASHK members may opt out from receiving such ASHK communications at any time by accessing the Login Area on the ASHK website (Membership > Member Zone > Member Login > Personal Information > Preference) or by sending an email to the ASHK Office at [email protected].
Personal Data Collected Through Website
We may collect personal information through data subject's use of the ASHK website including (without limitation) membership number, Login ID, password and email address. Certain information about data subject or their computer may also be collected when they visit the ASHK website, such as the type of the internet browser and operating system of their computer and where applicable their IP address and information relating to their internet service provider. Data subject are not required by law to provide their personal data for the purpose of visiting the ASHK website, but the ASHK may be unable to provide them with the information, services and facilities they may require unless they provide the ASHK with the requested personal data for administration, security or other reasons.
Use of Personal Data Collected Through Website
The ASHK uses the personal information collected through the ASHK website primarily for provisioning of its services and facilities data subject require; to respond to their inquiries or requests; to know about their interests and needs; to perform statistical analysis on website usage and data subject's requirements, interests and preferences; direct marketing activities; and for notification to them of the activities, events, news, seminars, publications and development of the ASHK and changes to the ASHK website or services or facilities which may affect data subject.
Some of the web pages on the ASHK website may contain "cookies" to enhance data subject's experience of the ASHK website. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in data subject's web browser while they are browsing that website. Every time data subject load the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the website server to notify the website of the data subject's previous activities, preferences and browsing patterns.